feng shui (Pronounced “fung shway”)
The practice of feng shui is the ancient Chinese art of placement which facilitates the flow of energy within a person’s home environment. Proper placement helps to enhance one’s personal energies and create a positive atmosphere to live. Feng shui has been proven to create a calmer more harmonious home which can carry over into every aspect of one’s life-including personal health, marriage, friendships and work.
Is your home’s energy contributing to your everyday stress? Try paying attention to how you feel when you enter your home or even one room at a time. Are you overwhelmed, or unable to make a decision, anxious, upset, sick, worried or tense? Low and stagnant energy can contribute to these feelings.
Below are a 15 of my favorite Feng shui tips for clearing and raising the energy in your home. It’s time to spring clean for the mind, body and soul. So get busy!
- Freshen Up every day. Fluff your pillow, make your bed. Put things back where they belong. Clean as you go. Close the toilet seats. Keep a clean kitchen and always keep a clean fridge.
2. De-clutter: they say a clean house is a lucky house! De-cluttering is the easiest thing you can do and is key to good Feng Shui. [Click the Link to Tweet] A cluttered room can cause anxiety and stress when entering. Clutter also blocks the flow of energy. Take some time to purge your unwanted things. Give to a good cause or simple throw out to the curb.
3. Open the windows. Allow the natural light and air to flow through. This is both cleansing and stimulating and is sure to lift your spirits. Windows are the eyes of the soul of a home. Use soft window covering so that the light may shine through.
4. Add mirrors. Mirrors bring more light, joy and energy to a space. When perfectly placed mirrors may even enlarge a room.
5. Add natural genuine scents. Bring in Nature. Grow fresh herbs in the kitchen, add flowering or dried plants. Add an essential oil diffuser.
6. Hang pictures of those you love. Hanging pictures of those you love will give you the feeling of being loved and supported in life.
7. Always keep a clean bathroom. Make sure all of your linens are fresh and counters free of clutter.
8. Take all electrical devices from the bedroom. Your bedroom is a place of relaxation, rest and restoring. Decorate with warm colors, clear the clutter and get rid of under the bed storage to promote a flow of energy as you sleep.
9. Add water features. The energy of water is associated with wealth and can bring about a very soothing sound. They can also drown out noise pollution.
10. Play music that makes you feel good! It’s good for the soul.
11. Add living things to your home. Add vibrant plants, palms, ferns, rubber plants, ivy, aloe, peace lily or bamboo. Add a fish, a dog, a cat or a bird.
12. Add Wind Chimes. Use sound therapy to instantly feel at ease.
13. Add candles to set the mood. Candles strategically placed can promote a calmness in any room.
14. Let there be light! Invest in beautiful lighting fixtures. Make sure to have installed with a dimmer so that you may create your own mood.
15. Add a salt lamp they are known to create a healing energy.
A few small actions a day can lead to a more balanced and harmonious life.
My Zen moments are relaxing in a clean house. I want to create a space for my family to come home to and restore. I continue on my journey of living an intentional life. These are a few of my favorite things.
How do you Feng Shui?
April 6, 2016
Functional Endocrinology of Ohio
Akron: 2800 S. Arlington Road, Akron, Ohio 44312 (330) 644-5488
Cleveland: 6200 Rockside Woods Blvd., Ste. 100, Independence, Ohio 44131 (216) 236-0060
Dr. Keith S. Ungar and Dr. Andrew Kender, Chiropractic Physicians
“Feng Shui Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary.” Feng Shui Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Apr. 2016.
“Cómo Fortalecer La Salud Y La Familia Según El Feng Shui.”http://www.comohacerpara.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2016.