10 Amazing and Healthy Food Alternatives to Try Right Now!
Small changes really do make a big difference! By substituting some of the foods you normally eat for these alternatives, you can significantly reduce the amount of calories, fat, vitamins and toxins that you consume every day. Whether you are trying to shed a few pounds or for health reasons these are a few of my favorite things. Let 2015 be the year to educate yourself and take simple steps towards a healthier you!
Coffee vs. Herbal Teas
Benefits of Herbal Teas:
- Risk of heart attack can be reduced by drinking 3-4 cups of tea per day
- Herbal tea can slow the progression of Type 1 diabetes
- Coffee dehydrates while herbal teas hydrate
Bagels vs. Bananas
Benefits of Bananas:
- Full of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins
- Helps with bowel movements
Cow’s Milk vs. Almond Milk
Benefits of Almond Milk:
- Healthy alternative to Lactose intolerance
- Excellent source of Vitamin A and D
- Strengthens the Immune System
White Rice vs. Brown Rice
Benefits of Brown Rice:
- Has been linked to lowered risk of Diabetes and weight loss
- Contains 5 times the fiber
- High in Omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
Canola Oil/Vegetable Oil vs. Coconut Oil/Grapeseed Oil
Benefits of Coconut/Grape seed Oil:
- Composed of natural saturated fats which are least inflammatory to your body
- Contain very little polyunsaturates.
Peanut Butter vs. Almond/Cashew Butter
Benefits of Almond/Cashew Butter:
- Better for your Cholesterol
- 26% more vitamin E
- 3% more Iron
- 7% more Calcium
White/Wheat Bread vs. Whole Grain
Benefits of Whole Grain Bread
- Fewer calories
- Increased macronutrients and fiber
- Better source of selenium and manganese
Bottled Water vs. Tap Water
Benefits of Tap Water:
- Bottled water in the USA costs between $0.25 and $2.00 per bottle
- Tap water cost less than 0.01
- Could save 1.5 million tons of plastic waste a year
- No BPA
Sugar vs. Cane Sugar/ Coconut Sugar
Benefits of Cane/Coconut Sugar:
- For those suffering from diabetes can prevent spikes in blood sugars
- Provides nutritional value in the form of amino acids and minerals.
Soda vs. infused Seltzers
Benefits of Infused Seltzers:
- Fewer Calories
- No Caffeine
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The Secret of your success is found in your daily routine” – John C Maxwell
I challenge you to make a change to your daily routine!
BY: JOY D. VALE
February 12, 2015
For more information, go to www.balancingyourchemistry.com
Functional Endocrinology of Ohio
Akron: 2800 S. Arlington Road,Suite 100, Akron, Ohio 44312 (330)644-5488
Independence: 6200 Rockside Woods Blvd.,Suite 100, Independence, Ohio 44131 (216)236-0060
Dr. Keith S. Ungar, Dr. David Starkey, Dr. Andrew Kender, Chiropractic Physicians
“Coffee vs. Tea: The Health Benefits Compared.” Bit Rebels RSS. N.p., 10 Apr. 2011. Web. 09 Feb. 2015.
“29 Tips To Get Rid Of Dairy (Without Turning To Soy!).” MindBodyGreen. N.p., 21 June 2014. Web. 09 Feb. 2015
Palande, Leena. “Almond Milk Vs. Cow Milk.” Buzzle. Buzzle.com, 09 May 2011. Web. 09 Feb. 2015.
“The Health Benefits Of Brown Rice.” The Health Benefits Of Brown Rice. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2015.
“Which of These Cooking Oils Are Destroying Your Health?” Which Cooking Oils Are Healthy. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2015.
“Bottled Water vs. Tap Water.” Infographics Posters. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2015.
“Coconut Sugar, A Natural Sweetener from the Coconut Palm.” Coconut Sugar, A Natural Sweetener from the Coconut Palm. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2015.